You know, this is useful. Because when I have children I totally gonna buy soe books in English to have the learnt it as well :D A friend of mine has a 2 year old daughter and this info is useful as well for her! TY!
Richard Scarry’s books have been around for a million billion years (or at least since I was a kid) and some parents think they’re too “busy” but I’ve always loved them, even as a child. He has dozens and they’re all sort of set up like this, little stories interspersed with very clear illustrations of things with the name of the object right next to it.
I’m glad you find it helpful! :D I’m always happy to be helpful!
(Also, totally unrelated, but the WORST PART of the reverse bang was deciding between your art and the Orpheus art and now I ALREADY FEEL BITTER that I couldn’t have both because I’m totes selfish like that. I hope whoever got yours writes as awesome a story as I started writing in my head ♥
Ten facts about me? Can all ten of them be “I am pretty boring and I like waffles?” No? Okay.
1. For those of you who haven’t known me forever, I used to live in New Jersey, suburban to New York City. I now live in Boston. I like living in Boston in that I have a lot of great friends here. I have no actual affection for Boston as a city/location the way I do with New York. It’s just a place I’m living.
2. My dad only drank diet soda while I was growing up (my mom doesn’t drink soda at all), so now I only drink diet soda because regular soda tastes funny to me. I also very rarely will pick up a soda just because. I basically only use soda for caffiene. I prefer water or juice if I don’t have to worry about staying awake.
3. At the end of my junior year of high school, I fell down the path between the tennis court and the gym. I caught myself before I hit the ground, and turned to proudly show my friends I had caught myself, and in the process stepped funny and sprained my ankle.
4. I suffer from periodic insomnia, but my problem is falling asleep. Once I’m asleep, you could bring a marching band into my house and I probably wouldn’t notice.
5. I’ve only been drinking coffee for about two years. Two Octobers ago, I got really sick and my coughing was keeping me up at night, so to stay awake at work I started taking a shot of espresso in my chai in the mornings. That gradually evolved into other fancy pants drinks with espresso so I wouldn’t actually have to taste the coffee. The following March I started a term on the grand jury and had to be in at god’s time every Tuesday. They didn’t have fancy pants coffee, of course, so I started forcing down courthouse coffee to stay awake. By the time my term ended in July, I was drinking regular coffee every morning.
6. I don’t really have affection for animals as a whole. Like, some individual animals can win my affection. I’ve had affection for the pets I had as a child. But I can’t just look at a picture of a cat and go, “OH IT’S A KITTY IT’S SO CUTE.” I…don’t care. And I lied about it for a long time because people can be super rude about it, but I realize now that I don’t give a shit.
7. I really like shoes and dresses. I own too many of both of them. I don’t wear pants all that often, only when I’m feeling tired or particularly depressed in the cooler months, because when I’m feeling tired or particularly depressed, putting on tights seems like too much effort.
8. I basically don’t read grown-up books anymore. I feel like I’m not missing much.
9. Um, my favorite color is blue.
10. I really like waffles.